4th Toyota &Denso European Go Oza
European Qualification combined with Large scale Family Event
The 4th European Go Oza Tournament from January 31 until February 3, 2008
For all European countries and all European players of 4 dan and stronger !
The top three of this tournament will participate in the
4th Toyota & Denso Professional World Championship in Japan.
The European Go Oza Family Event on Saturday and Sunday.
For all Go players irrespective of age, nationality and playing level.
Live registration of video footage, games and results on internet, including commentaries form professionals.
The 4th Toyota & Denso European Go Oza Tournament
• All players of 4 dan and stronger can participate (>2350 rating)
• The number of participants is seventy-two (72) maximum.
• Most participants get (part of) travel and accommodation expenses, depending on playing level and representation.
• Over fifty prizes for top players with a total budget of Ђ 12.000
Invitation, Travel and Hotel conditions
All players with a rating of 2575 or higher (on the 4th of October) receive a personal invitation and have to register before December 11th:
Dinerchtein, Shikshina, Shikshin,
Kulkov and Zatonskikh from Russia
Taranu, Pop, Bajenaru, and Burzo from Romania
Guo,van Zeijst and Janssen from the Netherlands
Pei, Dickhut and Gerlach from Germany
Balogh, Mero and Koszegi from Hungary
Silt from Czechia
Macfadyen from United Kingdom
Heiser from Luxembourg
PARTICIPANTS FROM EGF MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS
The EGF Member Organizations (MO’s) can send one official representative (minimum rating 1900) if there is no top player from their country invited.
National representatives are entitled to compensation of their actual travel expenses within the maximum travel allowance as specified below.
They have to pay half of the hotel expenses (between Ђ 60 and Ђ 90 for three nights) if staying in one of the official tournament hotels. Extra nights must be payed by the participants,
The MO’s get the invitation and have to register their representative before December 11th
F inland 240
Czech Republic 180
Austr ia 150
United Kingdom 150
Players travelling from the far east have a maximum travell compensation of 400 euro
If all top-players from an MO decline their invitation they are entitled to send an official representative as above instead.
Also all other players with a rating between 2350 and 2574 are allowed to participate!
They are entitled to compensation of half of their actual travel expenses within the maximum travel allowance as specified above. The maximum number of participants is 72. The people who qualify will receive confirmation of this in January.
They have to pay half of the hotel expenses (between Ђ 75 and Ђ 150 for three nights) if staying in the official tournament hotel. Extra nights must be payed by the participants,
Registration closes on December 20th, 2007. First come first served.
Four rounds Qualification on Thursday and Friday with Swiss system.
• Pairing in all four rounds using the latest rating list available.
• Players with four wins qualify directly for the Knock-out Final Stage on Saturday.
• The lowest players with three points have to play one play-off game on Saturday morning to bring the number of the Final Stage up to 24.
• Thus no player will be eliminated from the tournament in the first stage until they have lost two games.
Knock-out Final Stage
• There will be three Knock-out groups with eight players each
• The three winners qualify for the World Go Oza.
• The time limit for the qualification tournament and the play-off will be 75 minutes with three times a byo-yomi of 30 seconds.
• The time limit for the Knock-out final will be 90 minutes with three times a byo-yomi of 30 seconds.
• The komi is 6Ѕ.
• Losing play off game Ђ 100
• Twelve losing first round K.O. Ђ 200
• Six semi finalists Ђ 400
• Three losing finalists Ђ 600
• Three winners Qualified for World Go Oza and Ђ 600
Note that playing in the World Go Oza will produce a game fee of 1500 to 2000 euro and all expenses are paid
Extra side tournament: European Go Oza Family Event
• The players that don’t qualify for the Weekend must join the Oza Family Event.
• Over 20 prizes for four dan and stronger with total budget of over 3000 Euro
• Winner of the Oza Family Event gets 600 Euro, Runner-up 400 Euro
• Players will be accepted in the exact order in which their application is received
• Maximum number of places is 72
• Top players / official representatives are accepted first IF registered before December 11.
• Registration for other players (rating > 2350) closes at the 20th of December 2007.
• On the 7th of January a list with players will be published on www.go-centre.nl:
1. Top players that accepted their personal invitation
2. Official representatives registered by their association
3. Other players (four dan up or rating 2350-2574)
Please register for the European Go Oza Tournament 2008:
Send an email to email@example.com confirming your participation.
The European Go Oza Family Event
On Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd of February 2008
Many side events for all Go players irrespective of age and strength.
A total prize budget of over 7000 Euro.
1a. European Go Oza Side Tournament. Registration closes January 22nd - entry Ђ 12.
This tournament follows the same formula as the European Go Oza Championship.
• Four rounds Qualification on Saturday with Swiss system.
• 45 minutes thinking time per person, No byo-yomi
• The top sixteen qualify for the KO final on Sunday with 1800 Euro prize fund
• Everybody with four wins receives 100 Euro
• Everybody with three wins receives 50 Euro
• Many special prizes and give-aways
1b. KO final of Saturday European Go Oza Side Tournament
• The top sixteen on Saturday play knock-out final on Sunday with 1800 Euro prize fund.
• 45 minutes thinking time per person, No byo-yomi
2. European Oza Pair Go Event. Registration closes January 22nd - entry Ђ 10.
• Teams consisting of a female and male player can join with a maximum of 24 pairs.
• Groups of eight pairs will be made. They play a KO system with losers round.
Total prize fund depends on number of participating pairs.
3. European Oza Children Go Event. Registration closes January 22nd - entry Ђ 2.
Special event as part of the Dutch Children Grand Prix.
System undecided. Lots of prizes.
4. Surprise events.
On Sunday there will be several side events including Lightning Go, simultaneous games, and lessons. In the afternoon there will be live commentary on the Finals of the European Go Oza. Several professionals will be present.